Batukaru Agrotourism is one of the most famous Bali Places of Interest and wonderful place to visit where you can taste our local coffee, tea, chocolate and luwak coffee. The local Balinese farmers are very creative to plant variety of coffees but two species coffees that mostly planted in this island includes Robusta and Arabica. If you wish to buy the balinese coffee you may buy here with variable price between IDR 50,000 until IDR 200,000. The farmers are stepping into a new idea to create their coffee plantation as a tourist attraction where you may visit it with some coffee for free testing. The famous and the expensive coffee are fastest growth in this island is called by Luwak Coffee, coffee produced from the fermentation process that take civet coffee bean and then remove through digestive tract.
Coffee Luwak has a unique history behind the legend. In the early 18th century the Dutch established coffee plantations on the volcanic islands of the Dutch East Indies. This Coffee Luwak Arabica coffee hails from the mystical island of Bali. During the early years Dutch Coffee Plantation owners forbade the local natives from harvesting and brewing the coffee beans for their own consumption.
The indigenous people, being resourceful, soon discovered that the asian palm civet, favored eating coffee beans. These Luwak beans were collected, washed, sun dried and then roasted to produce a coffee with a deep richness, minus the acidity. The process of the bean passing through the digestive tract of the civet chemically alters the proteins in the Kopi Luwak coffee bean to yield more complex and smooth flavors, not found in conventional coffees.
The resulting coffee is said to be like no other in the world (literally). It has a rich, heavy flavor with hints of caramel and/or chocolate. Other terms used to describe it are earthy, musty and exotic. The body can be syrupy and its the smoothest coffee you will ever have. One must wonder how this coffee came to be, how was it discovered. Who thought of drinking coffee in which an animal would eat and then expel.
There are many theories out there but personally this one is my favorite. It is theorized that local low income families and natives could not afford to purchase coffee since they barely had enough to survive. Therefore they picked up the Luwaks dropping and prepared them for roasting. Of course they were all well cleaned and proper steps were taken to make sure it was consumable. Guess what ? Now this coffee luwak is known as a worldwide delicacy.
- Bali Rafting and Ubud Tour
- Bali Elephant Ride and Ubud Tour
- Bali ATV Ride and Ubud Tour
- Bali Water Sports and Uluwatu Tour
- Bali Safari Park and Uluwatu Tour
- Bali Horse Riding and Ubud Tour
- Bali Cycling and Ubud Tour
- Bali Trekking and Ubud Tour
- Bali Spa and Uluwatu Tour
- Bali Bird Park and Ubud Tour
- Bali River Tubing and Ubud Tour
- Read More
- Bali Rafting and Spa Packages
- Bali Rafting and Cycling Packages
- Bali Rafting and ATV Ride Packages
- Bali Rafting and Seawalker Packages
- Bali Rafting and Elephant Ride Packages
- Bali Water Sports and Spa Packages
- Bali Horse Riding and Rafting Packages
- Bali Horse Riding and Elephant Ride Packages
- Bali Trekking and Spa Packages
- Bali Cycling and Elephant Ride Packages
- Read More
- Bali Rafting + Cycling + Spa Packages
- Bali Rafting + ATV Ride + Spa Packages
- Bali Rafting + Horse Riding + Spa Packages
- Bali Rafting + Elephant Ride + Spa Packages
- Bali Water Sports + ATV Ride + Spa Packages
- Bali Seawalker + Rafting + Spa Packages
- Bali Seawalker + ATV Ride + Spa Packages
- Bali Seawalker + Elephant Ride + Spa Packages
- Bali Trekking + Rafting + Spa Packages
- Bali Trekking + Elephant Ride + Spa Packages
- Read More